PitaPata Dog tickers

Thursday, November 19, 2009

He's smart! Maybe too smart...

Brinkley did extremely well in training class this week!  His 30-second sit stay was perfect.  Some of the other dogs were fidgeting and needed reminders to stay, but Brinkley sat perfectly still and watched me the entire time!  We also had to do a down stay, but it was different than the homework we've been doing, where we sat next to the dog while he stayed for 15 minutes while lying down.  In class, he had to lie down and stay while I walked in a circle around him.  He did not move once!  I kept repeating it while the trainer was working with a dog who wasn't getting it, and he did perfectly each time.  She also introduced heeling this week, but he did not seem to get that at all in class.  All the owners and dogs were supposed to walk in a circle around the room, introducing the idea of heeling.  I think he was too distracted to learn something new, but hopefully he will pick it up at home quickly.



He has been really itchy, so I gave him a bath tonight.  He loves the idea of getting in the water and drinking it, but he does not like the noise when I rinse him.  Well, he figured out how to get even with me tonight.  The large blue cup was floating in the tub, full of water, and he picked it up and poured the water all over me and the floor!  I am as wet as he is!

I am glad that he's a brilliant baby and is doing so well in training, but maybe he's a little too smart . . .


No comments: