PitaPata Dog tickers

Friday, September 17, 2010

Long Overdue

What can I say?  I haven't updated the blog in 7 months!  I can say that Brinkley keeps me busy, because he has tons of energy to expend.  I thought I would list a few things I have learned about him in the last few months.

1. He is a morning person.  How God saw fit to bless me with a dog who is a morning person, I will never understand.  But I'm pretty sure it has something to do with personal growth and getting me out of my comfort zone because I am a night owl!  Brinkley wakes up bright-eyed and READY TO RUN AND RUN AND RUN.  We get up around 6:30 and head to the door, where he stares intently at the kitchen counter where I keep his Chuck-It ball launcher (which he cannot even see) to make sure I won't forget it.  I take him out and throw the tennis ball over and over and over and over and over and over again until he finally tires out.  And on the rare occasion when I do not wake up to an alarm clock, I instead wake up to a very cute puppy standing over me staring me down, watching for any signs of life, ready to pounce!

2. He talks.  He talks a lot.  He's not a barker, but he has much to say.  I have never heard a dog whine in so many different ways before!  There's the "I just woke up and this stretch feels really good!" whine, the "Why aren't we running?" whine, the "I'm bored." whine.  I wish I could capture his talkative nature on video!  I keep trying...

3. He spends half of his time outside trying to figure out exactly how many toys his mouth can hold.  He almost always has at least a Frisbee and a small ball or two Frisbees.  Sometimes he likes to challenge himself though and he does this:

His greatest feat, so far, was carrying the two toys pictured above along with his tire toy!


Here are a few more pictures of my handsome little guy:

(Note the dirty tongue.  He's oblivious.)



No comments: